2011年3月24日星期四

The eBay Box is an eco-friendly recyclable box for sellers to ship their products in

The “eBay Box” is made from completely recycled materials, feature water-based inks, and are designed so as to limit the amount of tape used.

According to the eBay website “if every box gets reused at least five times, we could protect nearly 4,000 trees, save 2.4 million gallons of water and conserve enough energy to power 49 homes for a year.”

The eBay Box will go live in the US from October, around 100,000 boxes are accepted to be in circulation. eBay is also hoping that buyers who receive the box will then turn into sellers to reuse it. You can also log on to the box.eBay.com, where you can track its movements and get in touch with people who reuse it.

“With the eBay Box, eBay is on a mission to make shipping a little easier and the planet a little greener.”

8 条评论:

  1. Many people like to shopping online, but everytime I get the shipment, I feel the merchandise is overpacked...
    This environment friendly box sounds a good idea

    回复删除
  2. This cute, even better than the normal one, and that would push other people to think about the low carbon living

    回复删除
  3. Imaging how many ebay or amazon boxes in front of my aptmt every day, I think it is a great and neccessary way to save those trees....

    回复删除
  4. oh it is cute!I'd like to have one and return it to the seller. I am sure many of us would like to do that!

    回复删除
  5. Is such effort lowering the cost of the shipping? But even if it is, we still should support the green idea.

    回复删除
  6. That's good business right there.

    回复删除
  7. This is really a good product. I just threw 6 big boxes in my living, and when I saw this product, I felt that this cute and environment friendly box should be widely used in the future.

    回复删除
  8. green and creative idea. The shipping boxes are all squeezed together in my walk in closet. I wish I could mail them all to ebay and get a free shipping on my next puchase or something...

    回复删除